Jan 27, 2010

My reason.

I have my reason not to blog a often as I did before.

The big reason is that I had joined Toastmaster (TM). TM is a club promoting public speaking.

It all began with the day I get award as the best Table topic presenter. Table topic is the session where participant will be given a title on the spot, and participant have to give a speech on the spot without much time for preparation. I get a ribbon as a reward.

Fyi, I was only a guest, not even a member of TM.

I thought I have a gift in public speaking, and my TM mum succeeded in converting me as TM member.

Now that I had joined TM. Had paid a big sum of money....

My bossy 'TM mum' had ordered me to present my first speech next week...

A proper speech is so different from writing a blog.

You can just type anything comes into your mind for a blog post. However a speech have to have proper structure, content, beginning and ending. So far, my speech draft has beginning and ending, but no content. Some help with mental block, I can't continue with the preparation.

For the sake of RM 250, I have to continue my survival in speeching world.....

Merely alive...

Bossy TM mum, have to stop nagging me about doing my homework....

written by Nomi
on 27 Jan 2010

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Naomi, go for it! Wow your audience.
I remember my first time giving a short speech to a few o/seas business people, my knees like John Tralvolta in Saturday night fever.

But after three and four, no problemos, as well I always inject humour inbetween. Two great persons I admire is Bill Clinton and Obama, they can give a talk of the cuff, as well Sarah Palin too.
You have a great time....maybe can join politics too, ha ha. Lee.

Lee said...

Hi Naomi, go for it! Wow them....should be fun too. Lee.

Naomi said...

Yes, already step into it. so have to finish the journey