Feb 18, 2010

Angpow

4th day of Chinese New Year... (CNY have 15 days)....
Total amount of my angpow only.. RM 25...

Stop laughing at me..or should I say "No laugh me" ( copycatting my young cousin).

The reason I got so few angpow is not because I am too old for angpow. I am still single and still eligible for angpow.

The reason is... they tend to feed you instead of giving angpow in Sabah's villages. Most of them who celebrate CNY in Sabah are no pure Chinese ethnic. At my mother's hometown, mostly are Sino-Kadazan. Wherever I go for visiting, there are many pretty girls and cute guys, but mostly are relatives. So cannot simply flirt..

20 years ago, I still remember when we went visiting in Sabah, we were invited into the house. Rice, coffee and a dish of wild boar meat will be served, while we sit on a floor mat. Now, we will be served with food and soft drinks, instead of coffee. Mostly, no angpow given.

No.. angpow...

Only ... food...

However in every house, you will see many interesting thing in the village.

Maybe you will get to see goats, mother pigs feeding baby pigs milk, monkeys, kid whose name is Badawi, different type of house structure,  and many more.

Update on 19 Feb 2010
My Angpow follow my sis to Peninsular Malaysia.... along with my 'precious'..

2 comments:

[SK] said...

OMG, but allow me to laugh first before i continue.. hahahaha!!

only RM25 angpow money after so many days?? hmmm, maybe that's your tradition but my first angpow already more than that.. your parents should have given you a bigger angpow right??

hey, handsome relatives woh, go and flirt *stealthily* behind the elderly lah.. who knows straight away got chance, and next year give angpow instead of getting angpow leh?? :D

Naomi said...

Happy that you laugh. That is the objective of my blog: make people laugh...

I don't include angpow given by my parents because those money also given to my mum by me.

Tradition! Can't kawin with relative!! Later have stupid children (bad gene)!!!