Jun 1, 2011

Letting go...

As life goes on, all of us have to learn the lesson of letting go.


Old generation would leave us sooner or later. It is part of the cycle of life. Eventhough we don't want it, human will die some day. By accepting the fact makes it much easier for older generation to go and for us to let go. I am sure our grandparents, parents would like to see us live happily. They won't want to be the cause of our sorrow.


During transition between phrase of life often force us to let go of something or someone. 
When we go to further our higher education abroad, we left our family and friends back at home.
When we go to work in bigger city or other country, we left our friends.
When we found someone special, we spend more time with our someone special and neglected our friends and perhaps family.
When we get married, family comes first, friends comes later.


I believe everyone of us is a friend. A friend can't be compare to family. Family always comes first. I, from the view as a friend, learned to let go a friend. When a friend found someone special, I am happy for my friend. It is not that simple. This also means I have to let go my friend. I can't spend much time for my friend. When a friend gets married, Family is my friend's world. So off I go... hahahaha 

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

That is so true. I lose track of how many different lives it seems I've had by the number of different friend groups I've let go. Bittersweet when someone you care for finds someone else. Outside you say congratulations, inside you say what about me? Even harder when someone dies- no "hi, how are you" on the streets or anything. But the sun comes up, the world is still here and so are we. And a new friend is just around the corner.

Lee said...

Hi Ghosty Nana, interesting post......
If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't
accept, because you will lose one friend; on the
other hand, if two strangers come with the same
request, accept because you will gain one friend.

And a friend is one who walks in when others walk out.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't
walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and
be my friend.
Have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.